Foster Farms® 2013 Back to School Giveaway
Official Rules of Play
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: Promotion open only to legal residents of CA, OR, WA, AK, HI, NV, AZ, CO, SD, ND, WY, ID, MT, UT and NE who are 18 years old or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, as of August 19, 2013. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and their respective household members, whether or not related, of Foster Farms ("Sponsor"), its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, promotion and advertising agencies, and any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Foster Farms® 2013 Back to School Giveaway (the "Promotion") materials are not eligible to participate and/or win. To enter the Promotion, entrant must have a mobile device with texting capability, or internet access and a valid email account. Mobile device texting and/or data fees apply according to each entrant's wireless calling plan, text messaging plan and/or data plan as applicable for the device used to enter the Promotion and contract with entrant's mobile communication services provider. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
- TIMING: The Promotion begins on August 19, 2013 at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time ("CT") and ends on September 21, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
- HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION: There are two (2) ways to enter: (1) Text "FOSTER" to 77948, during the Promotion Period. When you text in to enter, you will receive the message "You're officially entered into our Foster Farms Giveaway. See fostergiveaway.com for rules and an additional chance to win. Stop to cancel." PARTICIPANTS ENTERING BY TEXT MESSAGE WILL BE CHARGED STANDARD TEXT MESSAGING RATES FOR TEXT MESSAGES SENT FROM AND TO THEIR WIRELESS DEVICE ACCORDING TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THEIR WIRELESS CALLING PLAN. TEXT MESSAGING AND WIRELESS SERVICE ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN ALL AREAS. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, ENTRANTS CONSENT TO SPONSOR CALLING AND SENDING TEXT MESSAGES TO THE PARTICIPANT'S MOBILE TELEPHONE NUMBER USED TO ENTER THE PROMOTION FOR PURPOSES OF THIS PROMOTION. Limit one (1) entry per household per day. (2) Enter online by visiting www.fostergiveaway.com and following the posted instructions. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same wireless number or email address. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Limit one (1) entry per household per day, regardless of method.
- PRIZE: Ten (10) Grand Prizes: A Kindle Fire HD Tablet, Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $199.00. Tablet equipped with 7" HD display, Dolby audio, Dual-band dual antenna Wi-Fi and 16 GB internal storage. Any difference between actual value and stated value of prize will not be awarded. Prize is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable. Total value of all prizes available is $1,990.00.
- DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: The potential Grand Prize winners will be selected by random drawing on or about September 25, 2013, will be notified by email or mail on or about September 30, 2013, and is subject to verification of eligibility before any prize will be awarded. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Directions for any required verification will be provided with the notification.
- VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, UNLESS AND UNTIL PARTICIPANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND PARTICIPANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER ANY ENTRY SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY, IS VOID, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED. All materials submitted for verification purposes become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- GENERAL: Sponsor is not responsible for missing or damaged Promotion stickers and assumes no liability for retail packages not containing Promotion stickers. Sponsor not responsible for late, garbled, incomplete, or misdirected Promotion entries, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of Promotion materials, loss or otherwise. Verification of the potential winners is the responsibility of the Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Promotion. Any fraudulent prize claim will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Potential Grand Prize winners will be required to sign, notarize and return an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility & Liability/Publicity Release to receive the prize. The required materials must be returned within ten (10) days of first attempted notification. Failure to comply may result in disqualification. By participating, entrants acknowledge and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator. Winner agrees to accept prize "as is" and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible for or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a prize supplier that may be sent along with the prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for advertised prize due to unavailability of advertised prize for any reason. All federal, state and local laws apply. All taxes and any other expenses incurred in connection with claim and use of prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By acceptance of prize, winner releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Foster Farms, Sullivan Higdon & Sink, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, the judging organization, and all of the respective directors, officers, representatives, employees and agents of each, from any and all liability, damages, claims or causes or action of any kind whatsoever (however named or described) for injuries, loss or damage to person(s), including death, and property, or rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light which may arise with respect to participation in the Promotion and/or the acceptance, possession, use/misuse of any prize(s), and/or participation in any Promotion related activity. By accepting a prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name and or likeness/picture for advertising/trade purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Any unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Promotion stickers are void if altered, illegible, mutilated, reproduced, counterfeit, obtained illegitimately or where prohibited by law, contain printing or other errors, or fail any of Sponsor's confidential verification tests. Liability for any Promotion sticker containing printing or production errors is limited to replacement with another Promotion sticker. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system or wireless device resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend this Promotion as of the time of such action should any computer virus or other entry device virus, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. Each wireless device entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the wireless device phone number from which the entry originated. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned a wireless phone number by a wireless communications services provider, or other organization responsible for assigning wireless phone numbers for the services provider associated with the phone number from which the entry is submitted. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Each online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account from which the entry originated. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Participant understands that the information supplied for registration on the Promotion website may be used for marketing purposes. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage or tamper with the wireless entry system or website, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution; and if such individual enters the Promotion he/she will be disqualified.
- DISPUTES: Each participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that could cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- WINNER INFORMATION: For names of prize winners, mail a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: "Foster Farms 2013 Back to School Giveaway Winner's List," P.O. Box 15166, St. Louis, MO 63110 to be received by October 31, 2013.
- PROMOTION SPONSOR: Foster Farms, 1333 Swan St. Livingston, CA 95334. All Rights Reserved. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Promotion at any time and substitute another promotion in its place.
COPYRIGHT: © 2013 Foster Farms. All Rights Reserved.